Jennie Dean Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (JDESPTA) is Parents and Teachers, Grandparents and School Administrators, extended Family Members, School Staff, Caregivers, and Community Members. Working together, we are ONE voice for EVERY child in our school.
Goals for the 2013-2014 school year are to promote child advocacy by
· Sponsoring educational and entertaining assemblies for our school
· Conducting informative meetings for our Parents
· Supporting school programs that enrich quality education, and
· Hosting family events to promote fellowship and appreciation among our school family
Your $10 membership is your commitment to supporting these efforts. Additional fundraisers are held to meet the financial goals of the organization in providing these opportunities.
COMMUNICATION: We want to be able to share information and news of our efforts, activities, meetings, and events with our membership AND to everyone in the Jennie Dean Elementary Family. We do this via
· Monthly PTA Meetings
· Monthly Newsletters sent home in Friday folders
· Informational Flyers sent home in Friday folders
· Afternoon Broadcast on JDES TV
· Rolling Announcements on television monitors throughout school
· Facebook “Like” us to receive status updates (Jennie Dean Elementary PTA)